IGLESIA NI CRISTO CENTRAL TEMPLE
Commonwealth Avenue, New Era, Quezon City, Philippines
Central Temple is the Iglesia ni Cristo's main house of worship. It is a part of the Iglesia ni Cristo Central Office complex which is a large, secured complex nearly the size of Vatican City. The Central Temple is the centerpiece of the INC’s headquarters which occupies a large tract of land located on Commonwealth Avenue, New Era, Quezon City, Philippines, just north of U.P. Diliman. Temple has 7,000 seat capacity, In addition within complex area the six-story Central Office Building, there are six other major edifices and several buildings, the multi-purpose Tabernacle hall, the 30,000-seat Central Pavilion, and the College of Evangelical Ministry.
Iglesia Ni Cristo Central Temple designed by Arch. Carlos Antonio Santos-Viola, He is best known for designing and building churches , Arch. Viola was one of the very first graduates of the College of Architecture of the University of Santo Tomas in 1935. During this time the professors then were outstanding architects and engineers of the period, such as Tomas Arguelles, Tomas Mapua, Juan F. Nakpil, Fernando Ocampo, and Andres Luna de San Pedro. Upon graduating, he worked in the office of Juan Nakpil as a Draftsman, eventually rising to Associate Architect from 1946-1950. His first exposure to the INC group was executed under Nakpil's company through the Bishop's Palace in San Juan, Manila. Brother EranoG.Manalo gave the subsequent project directly to Santos-Viola. Each structure was created on functionality that was built with integrity, adorned with 20th Century geometric forms garnished with Gothic revival and Baroque lines. Architect Santos-Viola was the first and only Filipino Architect who designed churches that were built all over the Philippines.
The Central Temple dedicated by Executive Minister Brother Erano G. Manalo on July 29,1984. These Temple significant to the members of the Church of Christ who frequent the venue is that is serves the primary purpose for which it was constructed, its a crown jewel of the Iglesia Ni Cristo architecture, is first and foremost the house of the Lord- a holy place built for the honor and glory of god and belief inside its sacred halls, the faithful shall ever dwell not only as congregation gathering to worship.
Central Temple characterized by simples, elegant lines and towering spires pointing toward the heavens and seemingly reaching for the heavens, these structure manifest the church’s dedication to building edifices and become landmark that serve as a monument of faith. Central Temple uniquely designed which inspired by Neo-Gothic architecture, these mega structure continues to leave one awestruck by its imposing brilliance and un-ignorable majesty. The temple has strong five huge and ten small towering vertical spires with a sense of great height, huge size of cantilever in main entrance hall, detailed curving and asymmetrical windows, while inside it built with one huge arch vault and addition of two arc vault smaller than to its center ceiling covered the place of offerings and worshipping area. Furthermore, it has balcony for further extension to address large number of people were faced the front choir area beside of it is called “tribuna” which is the placed where Ministers stand while preaching, it usually made of hardwood with a consistent and detailed curving. The Temple also have offices of District Ministers inside. Since its completion and dedication to God, the Central Temple today remains as beautiful and magnificent as ever, well-preserved trough the years. For almost 3 decades the Temple has borne witness to various groundbreaking events in recent church history.